Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Make yourself a skirt

I have to say that right now I am desperate for some new clothes, and (as usual) we don't have a lot of extra money hanging around for new clothes.  I very nicely was given an opportunity to paw through an experienced sewers stash and take whatever I wanted.  This woman had sewed since the 70's or so and had some wonderful fabrics in her collection.  I was drawn (surprise, surpise) to a bright yellow polyester check. It's scratchy as all get out but so fun a fabric.

I decided that I would make a skirt with the fabric.  I used this pattern: http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/how-tuesday-sew-a-skirt-in-one-hour/ .  It was super super simple and really did take about an hour.

Can't you just imagine a whole polyster suit made of this? Yellow checks!  I think I may have to make a skirt for Phoebe out of it too because she was jealous.  I just love it. 
It looks a little lighter in this photo but it really is more of a cheerful dayglow yellow.  It is your basic elastic waisteband skirt.  No frills.  Zip, zip.  

If you need a beginning sewing project, this is definitely a good starter project with fast results.  

No comments:

Post a Comment