Avocado Buddha Bowl Recipe
We normally make enough for about four bowls and each eat one at dinner and take another one to work the next day.
Ingredients for the Bowl:
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 cup beets, grated (canned or cooked)
1/4 cup carrots, grated
1/4 cup spinach leaves, fresh or frozen
1 can of chick peas
sprinkle of toasted almonds
Ingredients for the sauce:
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup tamari
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
2-4 Tbls tahini butter
Optional: If having meat eaters, I cut up and saute a chicken breast to put in the meat eaters bowl.
1. Cook the brown rice and set aside. I make mine in a rice cooker and start it the minute I get home.
2. Make the dressing. Put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and whip until smooth. I often make this ahead of time and it will last in the fridge for a few weeks.
3. Grate the beets and carrots.
4. Toast the almonds.
5. If using frozen spinach, cook.
6. If using meat, then saute on the stove top.
7. Assemble the bowls with rice on the bottom, then beets, carrots, spinach, and chickpeas. (Add optional chicken.)
8. Add a dollop of sauce to the top.
9. Top with toasted almonds.
Enjoy! Jill, the semi-vegetarian who lives with the "I've been a vegetarian since I was ten" Jan