Friday, October 14, 2011

Currently...

Currently, I am:

Working on this for Elliot's bedroom.  I need to do the border and figure out the backing and then start quilting.  

And this.  I am participating in the Sew Mama Sew Christmas Tree Pants sew-along.  I have the materials cut but only only star block made.  I am supposed to have 7 done.  Oh well.  I'll get on it at some point. 
I am watching this one sleep because frankly, what could be cuter?  I mean really A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!

AND I realized that if I mixed the two of these things together, you get a dense yummy muffin.  Really, 1 can of pumpkin and Trader Joe's gingerbread mix.  That's it.  I put it in muffin tins and baked for 35 minutes or so at 350 degrees.  They were dense but in a good way. 

Somewhere in this I also have been teaching.  I also threw out my back.  Ouchers.  I managed to get into the chiropractor (thank you Dr. Tobi) and pop some Aleve and I was back in business.  We also decorated for Halloween with the kids last week. 

This is our dining room and we normally have lots of kids pictures on the clothes line. The bats we made last year out of black construction paper, closeline clips, and shiny diamond-like embellishments for the glowy eyes.  Super easy.  We added the pumpkins to our decoration this year.  

I've had these wooden pumpkins for years but we just kept putting them back into the Halloween box.  This year the kids broke out the crayons and markers.  Such fun!  I love the mustache on this one. 

And what will we work on this week?  I'm too tired to think about it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment