Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pumpkin Waffles


If I had to choose one of my all time favorite recipes it would have to be these pumpkin waffles.  They are OUT OF THIS WORLD.  However, finding the canned pumpkin has been a little hard.  I've had to buy organic for the last few months because that is all my store sells.  My advice is when you see pumpkin (unsweetened) in the story this holiday season, STOCK UP because we eat these waffles for dinner regularly. 

PUMPKIN WAFFLES

Ingredients: 
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbls. baking powder
2 teas cinnamon
1 tea ginger
1/2 tea baking soda
1/2 tea salt
1/2 tea nutmeg
1/4 tea cloves
4 large eggs
2 cups buttermilk (I regularly use milk with 2 Tbls. vinegar when I don't have buttermilk)
1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tea vanilla

* Heat waffle iron.
*Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cloves in a large bowl and set aside. 
* Wisk the eggs, buttermilk, pumpkin, butter, and vanilla together in another large bowl until smooth. 
* Add the wet to the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.  (Do not over mix.)
* Spray waffle iron with cooking spray for the first and about every third waffle or so. 
* Cook in the waffle iron. I often let mine go about a minute after the iron indicates that it is done for a bit crispier waffle. 
* Eat with maple syrup or whip cream.  YUMMY!

Really, my kids eat this up, even the one who swears that he doesn't eat a single vegetable.  Well, the joke is on him!  

No comments:

Post a Comment