Sunday, June 5, 2011

This is what happens when you let a 3 year old pick out fabric....

I let Phoebe pick out the fabric for a little pillow.  I promised her two weeks ago that I'd make her a pillow and she's been hounding and hounding and hounding me to make it.  We actually let the kids each pick out fabric the day we went to Alwives Fabric and I assumed that this is what I would use.  However, when we went up to the attic to see if I had fabric for another project she went with me and picked out these fabrics:
The funny thing is that I would NEVER had put these fabric together.  A yellow home dec weight fabric, an orange with yellow swirls, a purplish velvet, and a blue flowers.  Nope, never would have put it together but it looks kinda nice all together.  She is way into rainbows right now and this is as close to a rainbow as she could get with what she was looking at.  So, there you go.  Maybe I should let my 3 year old pick my fabric combos more often. 

The other big adventure we had today is when we went to go see Cousin Jonathan who has just arrived from Texas.  The kids have been absolutely counting down the days until he was going to arrive.  This is their favorite person in the whole world. 

We took a walk at this AMAZING park that used to be a zoo but now is just a regular park.  The kids loved it and we saw ANIMALS like frogs, turtles, and baby Canadian Geese which really are almost as fun as elephants and gorillas. 



Oh wait, those last ones aren't gorillas but kids that look like gorillas.  They left the old cages open so that you could go in them if you wanted.  It was SO FUN for the kids.  And really, how many times have to wanted to just put your kids in a big cage and shut the door.  So, it was fun for the parents as well.  




3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. Where is the park??
    And I love Pheobe's pillow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benson's Animal Farm was the old attraction but now it's just Benson's Park in Hudson, NH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillow....and the idea of a zoo for kids....

    ReplyDelete