Wednesday, May 4, 2011

CKC Exhaustion


Last weekend I was at CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention) in Manchester, NH.  I did six classes, two crops, more shopping than I really should have, and didn't stop for two whole days.  As a result, I have come down with the flu and my dining room looks like a craft bag exploded in it (see below and yes, that is my kitty in the corner).  I also have about ten projects that now need to be finished.  On the flip side, I am inspired and energized about scrapbooking again.


The only real issue I have is that this "pink is for girls, and blue is for boys" thing is rampant in the scrapbooking world.  One teacher remarked that her husband would "flip" if she used "bling" on a scrapbook page about him.  I thought our world was getting more accepting?  Why have we decided that some colors belong to particular genders?  Since when do boys have to be happy with dark or dull colors? 

 I have the same problem with clothes for boys.  Elliot really, really wanted a pink shirt for Easter.  I managed to find one for him at Carter's and he looked fantastic but I had to drive to our nearest outlet town for it.  I think he is tired of navy blue (which conviently covers dirt very well).  I guess we will be doing another big batch of tie die this spring.  Phoebe is a yellow girl which makes things a bit easier.  She is also going through a major dress phase.  Well, I keep looking for those gender neutral kid's clothes.  If you know of somewhere to look, leave me a message. 

1 comment: