Saturday, February 26, 2011

Piling it On

I walked into the kitchen yesterday (ok, the day before yesterday) and this is what I got. Yup, this is the after school pile.  The thing is, my red backpack is in that pile.  This pile drives me INSANE.  In this pile is lunch boxes with freezer packs that need to go back in the freezer and food that needs to be thrown away, wet snowpants and gloves, coffee travel mugs that need to go by the sink, homework that should be corrected, and a million other little things. The thing is that there really isn't much of a solution to this problem.  We simply have NO PLACE to put our bags.  We do have a coat hook that is pretty high on the wall but the kids can't even get close to reaching it.  Even if they could, the bags are too heavy to hand them on it.  Besides building a mudroom next to our kitchen (which we really don't have money for), I'm not exactly sure what to do about this problem.  Sigh....

On another note, my dad brought over the little school desk that I had when I was a kid.  I used to love to sit in it or put a stuffed animal or doll in the seat (or even my brother) and "teach" them. This desk made for hours of fun.  For the moment, we have left the desk in the kitchen and it's been a great place for one of the kids to keep me company while I cook.  And yes, there are lots of sticker skeletons sitting on the floor because of the sticker book we seem to have left there. Isn't it charming? It even has a little drawer underneath where I remember I stored many a treasure.  The drawer is a little sticky so I'll have to do something about that, but I can imagine that El and Phoebe will be putting their "treasures" in there soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment