The book is done to the point that I put the bones together. However, it is still a blank slate or tabula rasa at this point. I'm not sure what I'll put on the inside but I am inspired by the title: inspiration journal.
Here is the outside:
The instructions were to use a fabric piece sandwiched with a piece of canvas. My one complaint is that the cover ends up being quite wiggly as a result rather than stiff. I had to smooth out the side by the elastic to get it to stay flat.
The kit came with some lovely brown ribbon with white dots. However, the directions were a little unclear about how to bind it. I decided to bind each signature or section with some book-making thread that I had on hand. That way I could fit the five signatures through the grommit holes. I also "had" to upgrade to a "Big Bite" because my Crop-a-dile would not reach to make the holes. I had been eyeing it anyway.
On the inside of the journal, I used some of the papers in the kit but then added these libraray pockets that I have had forever and ever. I keep meaning to use them on something but have never found the right project until now. I think it'll be fun to be able to tuck things into the pocket. In fact, maybe I'll start using those pockets much more often.
As you can see, I sewed most of the pieces on. Mostly because my sewing machine was right there and I've been meaning to do more sewing on my scrapbooking. Now, I just need to fill it.....