Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sewing into the Night

Both my friend Alison and Rosy want to learn to sew, so I decided to give them a little "lesson" using the bag pattern that I have been using.  So, we adjusted the size to something that they would find useful and sewed along.  There was a bit of seam ripping and machine rethreading but both Rosy and Alison ended up with two bags each (and I made two as well).  Here are our completed bags:
The fabric was all things that I had left over from various projects.  You can see that I even tried out a three tone version of the bag as well. 

Here is a picture of my extremely tired students at about 1:00 am.  They were both sick with terrible colds but were good troopers anyway.  Yeah sewing!  So this is the first time that I have taught anyone to sew.  They were great students.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment