Saturday, January 8, 2011

Craft Space Remodel with a Desk Skirt

I would love to say that I whipped up a lovely linen skirt for myself but I didn't; I made a lovely linen skirt for my desk.  In an attempt to reclaim our dining room as a dining room, I switched to a smaller desk and then decided to "skirt" it in an attempt to have a place to hide all the multitude of scrapbooking supplies that are taking over.  The bonus is that the kids have been hiding under my desk and now they have a real "fort". It took three returns to Lowe's to get it right, but I think I got it with an advanced wire system for hanging.  I've had the linen forever- since I went to a yard sale and someone associated with the Malden Mills had about 8 yards of it.  I've been hording it ever since and decided to just use it.  Just ignore the bunches of things on top of the desk, I'll still working on the organizing part. New year, new organization!

1 comment:

  1. Laura from the old bungalowJanuary 9, 2011 at 1:37 PM

    Nice job, Jill! It looks beautiful.

    Reminds me of a funny moment I had a couple of years ago. After painting the downstairs bathroom and adding beadboard wainscotting, I sewed a skirt for the sink (to cover the ugly PVC drainpipe). I was kneeling on the floor, pinning up the hem to the correct length and thinking, "Look what my life has come to. I used to make all my own clothes and now I'm reduced to hemming garments for my plumbing fixtures!"

    Love the mental picture of the kids playing fort.

    ReplyDelete