Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tooth Fairy Pillow

So, I decided that the window of time to make the tooth pillow was limited since Elliot's tooth is getting awfully wiggly.  It took only about an hour or so to create. (It would have taken me less time if I hadn't had to tear out some stitches.)  Here he is:



Pretty darn cute, aye?  I thought the mustache was a nice touch myself.  We had some eyes left over from Jan's foray into arigumi (knitted or crocheted figures).  El it still interested in making the pillow into a police officer tooth but I just couldn't get myself to put on the belt and hat.  Maybe I'll break down and do it.  We'll see.  The mouth serves as the pocket for the tooth.  The pattern suggests that you glue the mouth part but I was worried that I would lose the tooth inside the pillow so I ended up stitching it.  I also like that you can hang the pillow from the door handle because El is a little afraid of monsters in the dark and that includes Santa Clause.  I imagine that the tooth fairy might also be a little bit scary for El.  To quote one of my favorite pun like poems, "Bravery runs in my family."  Get it?  Get it?  Bravery RUNS....

The link to the pattern is below if you are interested in making it.  It was super easy.  

3 comments:

  1. OMG- that is awesome!! I love the eyes and 'stache!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The pattern suggests that you glue the mouth part but I was worried that I would lose the tooth inside the pillow"

    ...um, THE TOOTH FAIRY won't lose it!!!

    ReplyDelete