Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme


scratch that, Christamas 2010

Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme
TodaysMama (link to: http://bit.ly/tmwishlistand GameStop (link to:http://bit.ly/gamestop10are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What is your holiday wish for your family?  
That we all enjoy each other (and that the kids don't fight with each other) and that we can share the holilday with my brother and his girlfriend who weren't here last year because they were in Hungary.  Basically that we can have a fun time reconnecting.
2. What is your Christmas morning tradition?
Actually, one of our more cool traditions comes on Christams Eve when we eat Maine lobster (my parents live in Maine).  Then on Christmas morning, I make sticky buns.  We first open stockings and then eat breaksfast.  One person serves as "Santa" and we each get one present at a time.  We "ooh" and "ahh" each present and it takes about two hours to open presents.  I LOVE that we really appreciate each one and how they have thought about the person getting the gift even the funny, gag ones.
3. If you could ask Santa for one, completely decadent wish for yourself, what would it be?
Actually, I would ask for a Canon Rebel that I have been eyeing for years.  I have a point and shoot and I sold my film camera because film is so expensive.  I would love to be able to take picutes like I did in college.  
4. How do you make the holidays special without spending any money?
I make about 75% of the gifts the I give.  It can be intense but I love making things by hand. I think a lot about the people I am making the gift for.   I also cook a lot too.  I decorate with what I find.  And I TRY, TRY, TRY not to go to the mall because that is a money sucker.
5. What games did you play with your family growing up?
My mother still loves word games like Scrabble. We played board games and occassionally played card games with friends.   My brother and I played Mario Brothers but I was horrible at it. My brother and I were AMAZING at hide and seek.
6. What holiday tradition have you carried on from your own childhood?
We still leave Santa cookies and milk on Christmas Eve.  We make the cookies together so that Santa will have something special for all his work. 
7. Where would you go for a Christmas-away-from-home trip?
I'm not sure we would go because we are homebodies during this time of year.  Although, I am dying to go to Quebec for the New Years (although I hear it is horribly cold).  I just can't picture taking a 6 and 3 year old away for the holiday. 
8. Check out GameStop (link to: http://bit.ly/gamestop10) and tell us, what are the three top items on your GameStop Wish List this year?
a. Wii yoga
b. Wii bowling
c. Something for the kids- there is so much that I can't decide.  Something for a 6 year old. 

Fill out this form on your blog for a chance to win...  (I don't win anything but it's always worth a try.)

Jill 

No comments:

Post a Comment