Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Birthday Celebration

Here is El's lego cake which was probably the hardest cake I've ever made (and I have made one for every one of his birthdays).  The main reason was because I cut all the edges and the frosting just did not want to adhere.  I was going slightly crazy.  The round pieces were halved marshmellows.  Cute, right?  Well, the marshmellows didn't want to take the frosting either.  It wasn't pretty or even but it tasted good which is what really counts.  Next year I'm going back to making a cake and throwing candy on the top.  It is MUCH easier.    I also made the bunting about 5 years ago which I use for every birthday and will continue to do so until it falls apart.  

So my little guy is not so little any more.  He's a big six years old and ready for kindergarten next year.  Wow!  Growing up. 



Pinata action!


Chocolate ice-cream!




No comments:

Post a Comment