Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Viewing and Reading


First off, I haven't quite fully started summer because I've been doing some curriculum work at my school.  However, even though we ended school on Thursday, I've read three books.  I just can't stop reading.  I think it's beause 1. I am still in production mode from school 2. my kids have been watching too much TV and I read while they watch Nick Jr.  (I know, I know: TV will rot your brain.  That's the motto in our house.) So, summer is reading to me.  My perfect summer day is beinging my book to the beach or lake and sitting in the shade getting totally lost in a story.  I'm a fiction girl and lately have become a fantasy, science fiction girl.  Why read about real life when it's so fun to read about future worlds, appocalptic disasters, or Vampires?  The genre is really changing right now and becoming much more female friendly.

So, as you see I am SO looking forward to Season Two of True Blood.  I had put the shows on my Blockbuster list but it was taking FOREVER!  My friend Heather who I got hooked on True Blood by lending her season one returned the favor by lending me season two.  It's pure torture waiting for the kids to go to bed so that I can dive into the world of Sookie Stackhouse.  It's dark, Vampire-y, and very naughty (in a totally entertaining way).  Oh that HBO!

I also just finished "Julie and Julia" which I have had on my bedside table for about three months.  I loved it because I can so understand being sweeped up by some project, wanted to abandon it, but putting intense pressure on yourself.  It just reminded me of all the projects that I have done in the past.  I am so impressed that she did the whole project.  Here's to the power of blogging.

Well, I don't know quite what I am going to read next but I have piles of books lying around that I was going to read this school year.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment