Monday, May 31, 2010

Coming Home to take care of Mom

Mom had a long overdue knee surgery on Wednesday.  As a result, I have come home without children to take care of Mom.  She is doing pretty well, getting up, and hobbling around with a walker.  So, I decided that I would make Mom and Dad some meals for the freezer so they could eat easily for the week.  It's been a lovely quiet time for me.  Life with children is noisy and chaotic, wonderful but pure choas at times.   Being home (even with nursemaid deliveries) is much quieter. This morning I slept until almost 10:00 which hasn't happened in years.  

I've made mom:  3 Bean salad, hummus, Lime Chicken, Strawberry Rubarb Crisp, Butternut Squash lasagna, Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells.  I think I'm losing my steam so that may be it but it'll give them a few things to eat (which is good because Dad is a questionable cook). 
Ummmm, strawberry's!
Strawberry Rubarb Crisp from rubarb from Mom & Dad's garden!

Four butternut squash lasagna in the oven!  

2 comments:

  1. The Butternut Squash stuffed shells is delicious! And the strawberry rhubard crisp is the perfect dessert! Thanks Jill---Your dishes are a 400% improvement over hospital food.

    ReplyDelete