Sunday, May 2, 2010

Back from the Creating Keepsakes Convention

 (Here is Alison at the Crop)
I feel like I am returning from a foreign country called "Scrapbooking Land".  We had two intensive days of scrapbooking classes, crops, shopping, and general fun. I feel slightly loopy because of the intensive schedule.  I was up on Friday at 6:00 to go to the gym and then classes all day until the crop ended on midnight, and on Saturday the whole thing began again.

My goal for the conference was to learn about the basics of photoshop and how to digital scrapbook.  I think I have the basics..... I think.  It's not exactly the easiest program to learn but the teacher was really great.  She could troubleshoot 24 computers all at once and go from PC to Mac.  In all things computer, the class did a step and someone had an issue, another step.. issue, another step... issue.  She kept it moving and dealt with issues all at the same time.

One of the highlights of the weekend was a mini-book from the Button Farm (and I'm not just saying that because she is a fellow Mainer).  Her kits are really lovely. Check them out if you would like: www.thebuttonfarm.com   Here is the recipe book we made (the design is hers, not mine):

The second highlight of the weekend was that I won the layout contest on Saturday night.  It was sponsored by Cannon and I won a personal picture printer (which is cool).  I got lots of comments on the title "Pwetty Dwess" which is how Phoebe says "Pretty Dress". 




It's the first real layout contest that I have ever won and I'm so darn proud.  






I wish I could show you a group shot but the one someone took for us at the resteraunt didn't come out.  And the kitchen table is loaded with "loot".  It'll take me a few months to did out.  Guess I'll have to do some organizing..... 

1 comment:

  1. Debra @ A Frugal FriendMay 15, 2010 at 2:50 PM

    Thanks for posting. I'm trying to decide if I should go to CKC for the 1st time....a little overwhelmed by all the options and not sure about the crops! :-)

    ReplyDelete