Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Making Moosewood Meals

Ok, so I totally could not resist the alliteration in the title.  I am currently teaching literary terms to my sophomore (oh shoot, sub plans for tomorrow- jury duty) and alliteration is one of them.  I have been cooking a lot lately.  I think it's the cold weather that's been inspiring me.

So, after watching Julie and Julia, I have been thinking about cooking.  I love the movie but do you know how absolutely gross Mastering the Art of French Cooking is?  It's absolutely meaty and yuck!  It really does have aspic and all sorts of things that even ME, a girl who eats EVERYTHING, would be reluctant to put in my mouth.  So, I was thinking, what is the vegetarian equivelant?  MOOSEWOOD!  I am thinking (just thinking right now) of going through the original beige Moosewood Cookbook and trying to make every recipe.  I looked through and I've already made at least a quarter of the recipes so I wouldn't repeat those.  I would love to say that I've made every recipe in one cookbook- a sort of claim to fame or self challenge.

I adore the cookbook with its handlettering and funky 1970s vibe.  I actually isn't very low-fat at all and has lots of dairy which is ok by me.

Well, I'm still thinking about it and it's probably crazy and dreadfully unoriginal.  Maybe I'm just searching for the light in the middle of winter.  We'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment