Monday, February 8, 2010

December Daily Album 2010

So, this weekend I finally finished my Christmas album.  I don't know about you, but I am not a fan of scrapbooking Christmas pictures.  I'm not sure why but I think it has to do with the fact that I am DONE with Christmas by the time I have to scrapbook the pictures.  This year I THOUGHT that I would do Ali Edwards December Daily album and I prepared some of it ahead of time.  My intentions were good but I had a hard time printing and getting the pictures in the album.  So, I finally got everything together and put in the album this weekend.  Basically, I decided to abandon the idea of a picture per day and just put in all the pictures of this months Christmas season.  I didn't even lable the dates and really, I don't care.  It's all in there... the Holiday season.
The cover of the book is a Vintage tablecloth that I cut up and used iron-on fabric bonding interfacing to cover a canvas book cover.  Then, I emboidered the Christmas 2009 with floss before adhering.  On the inside, I used a green faux moire and then put some ribbon around the edge to cover the raw edge.
This page was a straight 8x8 plastic page protector with a zigzag stitch along the edge that came with the canvas album. 


This was a divided page that I used.  It actually was a standard 8.5x11 page that I cut down to size.  I bought it at the office supply store and was sold as a page protector for baseball cards.  It all came together when I realized that I could use it like a mosiac and divide a picture along two different boxes.
As you can see, I mixed and matched pages all throughout the book.  I used lots of different embellishments like stickers, ribbon, and even some old-fashioned Christmas paper cut-outs. 

I used a few of these canvas pages where I gessoed the canvas pages with a heavy white.  Then, I used a silvery glitter and finally tried to ahere it with a fixative.  I have found that these pages drop glitter but oh well.  Also, they were a total pain to get anything to stick on them so I finally resorted to stapling pictures onto them which worked but created a back side of the staples on the reverse side.  I also used these really cool journaling blocks.  They had two layers- a paper layer that you wrote on and then an shiny, transparent overlay.  
This was near the end with both of the kids with their best buddy and cousin, Jonathan.  

So, all in all I got the book done (although I think I have one empty backside of a page that needs something.)  I figure that if I get nothing done for a year but the Christmas pictures, then I have accomplished something.  


2 comments:

  1. OMG..........JILL!!!! I love this book.
    That VINTAGE tablecloth material is SO SPECIAL>>>WOW...

    WICKED CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  2. love.LOVE.love the vintage tablecloth turned bookcover. love it! i have yet to start on my christmas photos yet. eeeks!

    ReplyDelete