Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Project- Project Life





For the last few months, I have been interested in a project that I heard about on a podcast about taking a picture a day.  The idea just seemed so interesting.  The idea of documenting a whole year of my and my children and partner's lives seemed something incredibly interesting (daunting, but interesting).  There is no better time to start a new project than the new year.

In doing research about this idea, I realized that I didn't ahve to re-invent the wheel (as I like to do at times) but that Becky Higgins had an actual scrapbooking system to help you with your project.  In October (or was in Novemember), I bit the bullet and shelled out $50-ish bucks and bought the binder, page protectors, journaling cards, etc.... in the Project Life set.  What I didn't anticipate, is that I would like the colors so much.  Really, anything red would have made me happy but the bright reds mixed with organic designs really made my heart sing.

So, now I've started.  So, far I have taken a picture every day in January.  Most of the time the picture has been taken during the evening routine.  I've tried to carry my camera with me but have been mildly successful.  I've lost my cell phone so I won't be taking any cell phone pictures until I can afford a new one.  The most ironic thing is that even though I am an English teacher, I haven't written a single journaling card.  I'm realizing that when it comes to scrapbooking, I use the picture to tell the story.  I think I need to get better at journaling.... Another goal for the new year.

Well, I'll leave you with a picture from the month.  My kids have now developed a fascination with cameras (thank goodness we have this toddler one for Phoebe and our old one for Elliot).  So, while I am taking pictures of them, I now find them taking pictures of me.  I only hope my computer has enough memory for all these pictures.....

2 comments:

  1. Love this idea! I wish I had kids of my own to document though- my life is really not all that exciting! (I have plenty of Phoebe pics if you miss a day, however! :-) ) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli, just your regular routine would be cool to document. You should try it. I know you love to take pictures!

    ReplyDelete