Friday, January 8, 2010

Julie & Julia

Some days you can be in the midst of the January yuckies where you don't have the energy to craft, your sewing machine is just recovering from December, your kids are crazy from being cooped up, you haven't seen sunlight in weeks, and your house is a mess...  (Just saying, your life is probably perfect.....) and see you see a perfectly wondeful movie that makes you feel like you might be able to survive the winter.

Last night I stayed up way too late to see Julie and Julia and I LOVED IT!  Every one in my life had told me that I would like it but I had never gotten around to seeing it in the theater.  I have always loved Julia Child.  I remember watching her cook with someone on PBS when she was in her 80's and the way that cook treated her with so much respect.  She was funny and charming even then.  Of course, I really identified with Julie.  How often have I set myself some sort of huge self-asignment wondering why I took it on in the first place?  More times than I could count.  I love that she followed it through even though she wanted to quit.  I guess one of the qualities I respect the most is preseverance and doing something when you say that you are going to do it.

An AMAZINGLY wonderful movie and just what I needed.

1 comment:

  1. I felt exactly the same way before and after seeing this movie!

    --Liza

    ReplyDelete