Monday, January 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary craft books

[crobot.jpg]So, It's Jan and my 12 year anniversary today and because I am such an incredibly nice girlfriend/life partner/wife, I bought Jan this book with my Border's points that I've been hording collecting.  It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that I really like robots.  Really, nothing.  Not to mention, she is a fabulous crocheter/knitter and I have gotten her into the Amigurmi thing.  I can knit a scarf, maybe a hat if I have help.  So, I just normally leave the fancy stuff to her and guide her towards appropriately funky projects.

For myself, (I had some extra Borders Bucks and a 33% off cupon, okay???):


I hope that I'll actually use this rather than just pour over the pages thinking about what I'll make "some day" when I have enough time to actually sew.  We'll see...

I think both of these books are reacts to all the cool craft projects coming from Japan right now.  The patchwork style is translated.  The only problem with the second is that the pictures look really small.  So wish us happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. For some reason the Japanese patchwork book won't copy. Oh well....

    ReplyDelete