Saturday, October 31, 2009

NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow

                                                                              nano_09_red_participant_120x240.png.png

Ok, for those of you who do not know what NaNoWriMo is .... it is National Novel Writing Month and me and a bunch of other slightly insane people from Concord High School embark on a journey or let's call it a writing marathon for the month of November (as if teaching high school is not stressful enough).  So, this group of people  write like banshees (do banshees write?) for the month of November and try to bang out a 50,000 word novel in a month.  I would say that this is a totally loopy thing to do but I've actually done it.  I did it last year.  I have a 50,000 word novel (I think it is actually a little over the mark) printed out and placed carefully in a notebook (it's also on a memory stick).  I haven't actually looked back at it but let's not tarnish the idea at this point.  So, I begin novel #2 tomorrow.  To be honest, it scares the HECK out of me.  However, what I know about NaNoWriMo is that you begin with a word, then build to a sentence, then a paragraph, then a story, and suddenly you have 50,000 words.  So, I'll keep posting here and facebook to tell you where I am.  If I am feeling REALLY COCKY, I'll even post an excerpt.  We'll see... right  now, not feeling ever-so confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment